2010-11-10-15 Body stalk anomaly © Sanchez www.TheFetus.net
Body stalk anomaly
Hospital General Donato G Alarcon de Ciudad Renacimiento, S.S.A. Acapulco Guerrero, Mexico, Facultad de Medicina de la U.A.G., Mexico.
This is a case of a 23-year-old G4P3 who came to our department for the routine ultrasound scan. She was at 23 weeks of her gestation and had non-contributive family or personal history.
The ultrasound examination found the following:
- Large abdominal wall defect with herniation of the liver and heart
- Severe spinal deformities, scoliosis
- Low set ears
- Extremaly short umbilical cord with single umbilical artery
- Enlarged amount of the amniotic fluid
- Fetus fixed to the placenta