Find any book
To suggest a book that you think should be on this list please email.
To find another book: enter the keywords below. To return to TheFetus, click Back in your browser. To order several books and not pay several shipments, select a book, add it to your shopping cart, then come back to this page (use the Back in your browser) , then select the next book. Repeat until done, then go one to the Amazon check-out.
Comments from reviewers
The ultrasound detection of chromosomal anomalies
I was most impressed! I found the format to be user friendly and easy to follow, the ultrasound pictures were very good and the corresponding autopsy photos were extremely helpful. I have the following comments:
- The genetics part of the CD made a difficult subject much easier to understand. While I am certainly not an expert in this area I learned so much! The pictures of the chromosomes were well done. The format/colors kept you interested.
- I learned much more about the following topics, and/or was VERY glad to see you bring them up:
- dysgenesis of the corpus callosum,
- pericardial effusion,
- 2 vessels cord,
- wormian bones,
- nuchal lucency/fold,
- low nasal bridge,
- malrotation of the bowel (hard to see on initial ultrasound picture, but when you separated this out from the background of the ultrasound picture, I thought the special effect here of the "fade away" was wonderful and quite unique!),
- simian crease (I had been skeptical about seeing the simian crease, but you showed me differently! What great ultrasound pictures),
- Scoring Systems: "gives the false impression of precision". I couldn’t have been happier to hear this, and you couldn’t have stated it better! This is so important for people to understand.
- double ossification center of manubrium,
- iliac angle,
- cord cysts
- Your bar graphs were informative without being boring. I usually don’t like to look at many of these, but yours kept my interest. Colors and "special effects" really helped. I think the color and special effects help one to retain it in memory better as well.
- I had a lot of fun watching this CD which by the way- takes time to do. Maybe if you could put "running time" on the CD cover people might like that?
Susan B., RT(R), RDMS
Ultrasound Education Coordinator
Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine